Beat the Christmas Bulge!
I hope everyone has had as good a Christmas Day as I have, and got everything that you wished for. We are now all entering the week between Christmas and New Year where exercise has already taken a backseat, there is no real routine, chocolate and left over Christmas Dinner hanging around at home, and limited gym opening times, but the worst of all...it is the last week of the year, the week before the new years resolutions kick in, so lets be honest we are all pretty lenient with ourselves regarding our training and diets. To help you all out I have compiled some tips for you to help you beat the festive bulge!
1. If you have over indulged, don't worry about it, Christmas is a time to treat yourself, don't waste time feeling guilty, pick yourself up and get back into your fitness regime.
2. If your spending alot of time with the family then spend it outside, go for a walk to keep you active.
3. Having friends over? Share your chocolates with them, that way they can take some of the extra calories for you ;)
4. (I cannot believe I am about to say this) If a Wii is one of the presents this year in your household, play on it! Not only is it a good way for you to spend time with the kids and family, but it gives you a way to do so and incorporate movement and healthy competition.
5. Drink plenty of water, keep yourself hydrated to flush out the nasty toxins you have welcomed into your body over the Christmas period.
6. Hitting the boxing day sales? Don't park right outside the shopping centre, park a small distance away and take a short walk there and back. When your in the shopping centre bypass the lift, take the stairs.
7. If your spending alot of time socialising in this period and are worried about your training suffering due to lack of time, cut your workouts from one hour to 30mins and increase the intensity.
8. Take Vitamin C. There are loads of virus' going around at this time of year, don't let them get in the way of your training programme and partying, make sure you take a daily dose of Vitamin C to boost your immune system (Also works wonders with hangovers).
9. Ensure you get enough sleep.
10. Enjoy the festive season! After all 'tis the season to be jolly!