Thursday 21 July 2011

FitPro Convention Day One

(A)
After completing the Body Combat AIM1 I had the pleasure of attending the Fitpro Spring Convention. This is my first convention, I had a look around the trade stands last year but didn't get to attend any sessions so I have been looking forward to this for a veeeeery long time. The convention was quite convenient for me as it was held at Loughborough University where I study so I didn't have to travel far. I kicked off my first convention with 10am Body Balance with the Les Mills Presenter team. 
Sarah, Giovanni, Lee and Andrew.
This was the perfect way to start the convention especially considering how much my body was aching from the course the day before! I had every intention of going to Body Jam at 11.30 am which was held at the EHB however, when I read where it was being held I was talking and didnt read it properly...there was no Body Jam in the ECB where I went! So I went to watch the TRX in the sun instead

"The TRX system harnesses your own body weight to create resistance as you train. That's all you need - the TRX and your own body - no additional weights are required to give you a complete workout, anywhere!!" (www.trxfitness.co.uk)

TRX looked really fun, I've seen it before in gyms but I've never seen it in a group exercise format before, they were doing it to music and everything! Definitely something to look into. 

(B)
I then went to work looking after the Hebbs building and assisting the presenters with their lecture rooms. One of the lecturers was Douglas Brooks, he really is one of the nicest men I have ever met. Douglas delivered a lecture on varying your strength programme, the feedback I got from his lecture was great, I would have loved to have the opportunity to sit in on it. We also had Ben Pratt in from Premier Training delivering a lecture called Dumbbells Remastered and Fully Functional.
(C)
Over in the other Hebbs room there was PowerPlate and Vipr (yes mixed together) classes running, I had a peak in on the classes and the looked really good, as soon as I get back to Eastbourne for Easter I'm going to try out what I saw, as the club I train in back home has both Vipr's and Powerplates, whereas the club I'm in up at Loughborough has neither.

Check back tomorrow for Day 2 of the Convention!

No comments: