Tuesday 23 November 2010

Powerade Zero



This week I tried Powerade Zero. I have never used Powerade before but have seen the inspirational video featuring Jessica Ennis. 
 It seems to be marketed as the same type of product as Lucozade light, which is marketed as 'only 50 calories' with Powerade Zero marketing as 'the zero calorie sports drink'
'Powerade is the isotonic drink created by sports people for sports people. Kit for your insides, the specially designed formula helps you stay at the top of your game before, during and after you exercise.
The latest addition to the range is Powerade Zero for calorie free fitness hydration. Designed by sports scientists for sessions lasting less than 60 minutes, its advanced mineral system includes sodium to help to restore your fluid balance and prevent dehydration, resulting in optimum hydration.
Powerade Zero helps your body absorb and retain fluid, delivering a more complete rehydration solution, without adding back the calories.' (powerade.com)

It comes in five flavours, Grape, Mixed Berry, Strawberry, Lime, and Orange.
I tried the mixed berry flavour, its really yummy, I was shocked by the taste, it tastes like a blue ice pop, very yummy! I would definitely recommend it! In my opinion it actually tastes nicer than the Summer Berries Lucozade Lite! (My previous favourite sports drink


No comments: